Sunday, March 31, 2013

And my next stop is....

I realized the other day I haven't told anyone but my family where I am going next.  After many phone calls back and forth with my recruiter and a little bit of stress, I have decided to stay in Portland for another 13 weeks!! I am going to a different hospital, Providence Milwaukie (yes it is spelled this way), it is a super small hospital, only like 77 beds total and the ER only has 20 beds.  They are implementing the computer charting system my current hospital just went "live" with, so many of the travelers I currently work with will be heading to this hospital too.  I am glad the girls I have been getting to know here are staying, especially since we are heading into Spring and Summer and the weather will be much nicer to get out sightsee, camp, and hike (well I won't be hiking).  Since my last post nothing exciting has been happening. My days off have been random and I haven't been able to do do much other than some day activities.  The weather is finally turning a corner.  I never realized how much I needed a little bit of sun, until I didn't have any sun for about 10 weeks straight!! This week, it has been 60s and 70s and sun nonstop, it has been wonderful, considering my friends and family were just hit with a late winter/early spring blizzard.  I can say, I'm not sad I missed the blizzard this year!!

In 2 weeks I will be home for just a few days for my cousin's wedding.  To say I am excited to be home is an understatement!! I can't wait to see my family, especially my little nieces! Even though we utilize facetime as much as possible, it is not the same as seeing them in person. I love that they are excited to see me too, I was a little worried they would forget about their awesome Aunt Apple :)

For all of my photography savvy friends I am wanting to upgrade my camera, do any of you have any suggestions on what to purchase?  Also, do any of you photoshop your pictures?  Since I have been out here I have noticed that my camera doesn't quite capture all of the beautiful scenery, I have done a little bit of editing on iphoto, but it is still is not quite capturing the essence of Oregon.  I would take any suggestions!!

Happy Easter to everyone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment