Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Picture day

No worries, this isn't like when we were in school and had to look our best for picture day.  I have more pics of my Oregon adventures to post.  These are just  a few...enjoy

Another one of Multnomah Falls.  It is one of the most beautiful places I have been.  There are actually trails around the falls you can hike.  I made about 30ft on the trail and turned around, hiking is not for me!
 This is Mt. St. Helen's.  I wish my pictures were better.  It was a cloudy and rainy day and this was as close as I could get up the mountain.  In Oregon and Washington you have to have chains on your tires to get to certain places and this is one of them.  I do not have chains for my tires so I was unable to get up the mountain.  Both Mt St Helen's and Mt Rainier are on my list of places to return before I leave.
 This is downtown Portland
 I have yet to actually visualize Mt Rainier, this is the national park that surrounds it.  I went to St Helens and Mt Rainier in the same day. By the time I made it to Rainier it was dark and I wasn't comfortable driving through the national park by myself!! This was as far as I went!!
 For anyone who read "50 Shades of Grey" this is the Heathman Hotel where the two love birds had romantic moments.  I thought if I stood outside for awhile I would find my own Christian Grey, unfortunately, one never came along ;-)
 This is on the Oregon Coast at Hug Point. I highly recommend the Oregon Coast as a vacation destination in the Summer, especially Cannon Beach, it truly is a beautiful place
 A cave in the coast line
I went to the coast on Monday with some of the other travelers.  While I was at Cannon Beach a sneaker wave came up and almost whisked me away.  Thankfully, I held my ground, however my flip flop was not so lucky, or so I thought.  After I had walked back to the car to get some other shoes, one of the girls I was with found my flip flop up on some rocks!! It was a great day on the coast, we ate lunch seaside and drove through a national forrest.  The scenery out here is great, I'm just not an outdoorsy kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment